Skip to content ↓

Transition Day Video and Information

Please click the flyer below to view the Transition Welcome Video

Dear Parents/Carers,

Unfortunately, in light of the recent spike in the number of Covid cases across Stockport, we have made the decision to cancel the transition day planned for Thursday 1st July.

Apologies for the late notice however we were keen to host the day and hopeful the awaited guidance and risk assessment from the Local Authority would support this.  After reviewing these documents yesterday, we decided it would compromise the purpose of the planned day in order to guarantee a safe environment for everybody involved.  Therefore the transition day will be postponed until September.  Further details regarding this event will follow.

Obviously this is a real shame as we understand pupils will have been looking forward to visiting the school prior to joining us properly. We will continue to work collaboratively with primary schools and you as parents/carers to ensure their transition is as smooth as possible.  The pre-planned transition visits already scheduled between primary partners and our transition lead will continue to take place as planned so that your children will still have an opportunity to ask any questions that they may have. 

We will not be delivering the transition activities remotely on the 1st July as we feel they would be delivered more purposefully and constructively in person. We are also conscious that remote access would present additional logistical issues, particularly where some families may have limited access to appropriate technology.  However, we are now in the process of compiling a welcome video, which will hopefully answer some of the questions that you may have, and this will be available to watch through our website from next Thursday.  We will also share the link to this with you once it is available.

We are still going ahead with the transition parents evening appointments on Parent Cloud, and you are still able to book these. These are taking place next Thursday 1st July and will give you an opportunity to have a one to one communication with a senior member of staff and ask us about anything you are unsure of.

If you have not booked an appointment already these are available to book via

Given the rise in local and school based Covid cases combined with the restrictions around the transition risk assessment, this decision is sensible to ensure the safety of the schools within our community. Whilst this is disappointing, we hope you appreciate the considerations made in reaching this judgement. 

Yours sincerely,

Linda Hanson