Organisations from Stockport’s Voluntary, Community, Faith-based and Social Enterprise sector have come together in partnership with Stockport Libraries to offer a one-stop shop in the form of the Spend Well Fair.
Money-saving advice can be a maze to navigate with many people not knowing where to start. The event is a chance for citizens to explore what local support is available to them from specialist advisors that can help them save money and spend wisely.
Specialists on hand include:
- Citizens Advice Stockport: advice on energy-saving, money, debt, welfare benefits, housing, employment
- Stockport Credit Union: accessible saving and borrowing
- The Pantry / Stockport Homes: low cost food
- Starting Point: online access, digital accessibility and more
- Stockport Libraries: Money maximiser tool
- Employment, training and careers advice
- Stockport Mental Health Network: mental health support in Stockport
- Orange Umbrella Project / OWLS: financial coercion awareness
Free refreshments will be available as well as colouring books to help keep children entertained. Four hours free parking is available at nearby Stopford House (as part of the council’s Saturday parking scheme).
The Spend Well Fair takes place on Saturday 19 March, 10am – 2pm at Stockport Central Library, Wellington Road, SK1 3RS
Register for a free ticket here - https://bit.ly/spendwellstockport