What is the Duke of Edinburgh Award?
The Duke of Edinburgh award is a real adventure. It doesn’t matter who you are or where you’re from, you just need to be aged between 14 and 24 to participate.
The programme is the worlds leading achievement award for young people and is highly regarded by employers and universities.
The benefits for students who take part in the programme include:
- Self-belief and self-confidence;
- A sense of identity and responsibility;
- Independence of thought and action;
- Respect and understanding;
- Awareness of strengths and weaknesses.
Our D of E leader will support pupils to achieve their award, after school and out of school sessions will be held to give all pupils the opportunities to fulfil the requirements of the DofE.
For more information about how to apply for the duke of Edinburgh Award, you can visit https://www.dofe.org/