Free School Meals
We appreciate that for some families, household income may be an issue. At Reddish Vale, we want to ensure that all our parents and carers are aware of the availability of Free School Meals to those who are eligible.
Free school meals eligibility
Pupils at the school can receive free school meals up to the value of £2.25 per day if you receive one of these qualifying incomes:
- Income Support
- Universal Credit (provided your household income is less than £7,400 a year after tax and not including any benefits you get)
- Income related Employment and Support Allowance
- Income based Job Seekers Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Child Tax Credit only with an income of less than £16,190
- The guaranteed element of Pension Credit
If you have a query about free school meals you can email email@example.com
What difference does applying for Free School Meals make?
Reddish Vale want to ensure all our families receive the support they are entitled to. Being eligible for Free School Meals will ensure your child receives a meal every day whilst in school.
Reddish Vale also receives additional funding for every eligible pupil who is registered for free school meals. Pupil premium funding from the government is given to schools to help pupils reach their full potential, regardless of their background or financial situation.
If you don’t wish for your child to have school meals that is fine – you can still register for Free School Meals and this will mean Reddish Vale will still receive the additional funding to support our pupils.
To apply for free school meals, click here
You will need your National Insurance Number and if you are on Universal Credit your most recent Universal Credit award letter.
If you have a query about free school meals you can email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply for Additional Support
If you're a Stockport resident and you are not eligible for free school meals you can apply for support, including:
- Help with accessing food
- Sourcing items you might need for your home
- Help with secondary school uniform
- Gas and electricity top up for prepaid meters
- Help with your Council Tax
- Help with your rent
- Help to apply to a charity or trust fund
For more information on additional support, click here
School Uniform Grant
This grant is for children in years 7 to year 11 at secondary school who receive free school meals.
You can apply for the grant at any time if:
- You're eligible for free school meals. If you're eligible and have not applied you can visit Stockport Council's free school meals web page
- Your child or children live in Stockport
If you do not meet the criteria, you may still be able to apply for the grant if:
- The uniform has been damaged in a fire or flood
- Your child has changed schools and they need a new uniform
You can apply for the school uniform grant here
If you require any further information or support regarding an application for Free School Meals please contact school on email@example.com