- Pupils must wear their primary school uniform.
- School begins at 8:35am and finishes at 2.50pm.
- If pupils bring medicine into school it must be clearly labelled and given to Miss Newman, RVHS’s First Aider, in Reception at the beginning of the day. Any medical queries should be referred to Miss Newman.
- Pupils suffering from asthma should carry their inhalers at all times.
- Pupils will need a pen, pencil and ruler. Several Tutor groups will be undertaking PE on the Friday so Year 6s will need a pair of trainers.
- When pupils arrive each day they must go straight to their Tutor room for Tutor period.
- Year 10 Seniors will be at the main entrance to escort Year 6s to their Tutor rooms if needed.
- Pupils will be provided with a transition booklet, which they must keep with them for the two days, as it contains their timetable.
- For the duration of periods one to five the pupils will undertake a broad range of subject lessons as well as visits to the school farm and library.
- Pupils will attend a short assembly during period one on Thursday, in the Theatre, where they will meet the Headteacher, Head of Year and Assistant Head of Year. Afterwards the Year 6s will undertake a range of ice breaking activities and work through the transition booklet.
- Year 6s will have an earlier lunch to the rest of the school, in the dinner hall. They can purchase a hot or cold lunch or alternatively bring a packed lunch.
- Examples of lunch menus can be found on the school website www.reddish.stockport.sch.uk, then by clicking About\Healthy schools.
- £3.50 should be sufficient to purchase a snack at breaktime and a lunch.
- Linda Banks, the Catering Manager, should be informed of any special dietary needs on tel: 0161 477 3544
- Pupils who receive free school lunches at primary school will be provided with a free school lunch at RVHS up to the value of £2.20.
- Tutor Groups will be supported by Year 10 Seniors throughout the two days.
- RVHS uniforms can be purchased from Monkhouse, Chestergate, Stockport, SK3 0AN.
- Any SEN queries should be referred to Helen Hopkins.
- Pupils travelling from Brinnington are welcome to use the Yellow bus: Y58. The cost of a single journey is £1.20 and a return journey is £2.00 per day. Any queries should be referred to the operator Belle Vue Ltd.
Timed bus stops*/Time bus leaves**
- Brinnington, Northumberland Road - 8.05am**
- Hollow End - 8.09am**
- North Way - 8.12am**
- Monton Road/Brinnington Road - 8.16am**
- Reddish Vale High School - 8.27am**
*The timetable shows what time the Y58 bus leaves the timed stops along the route every morning so you can work out roughly what time to be at your nearest bus stop. You should arrive at the bus stop in good time, as the bus will not wait if you are late. You don’t have to use the main timed stops, you can get on and off your bus at any bus stop along the route.
After school, the bus will pick you up at 3.20pm.
Operator: Belle Vue (Mcr) Ltd, The Travel Centre, Discovery Park, Crossley Road, Stockport, SK4 5DZ. Tel: 0161 947 9477