Our Vision for the future - Positively Changing Lives.
Our Strategic Aims -
- To provide an outstanding school which engenders pride.
- To be a school that serves its community and raises aspirations.
- To be a school in which the community has confidence and is supportive.
- To be a school of first choice. We believe our school will deliver confident pupils, as well as cheerful, happy achievers with a thirst for learning.
- A school that has a community who is confident in the school’s direction and take pride that it will provide them with the platform for good outcomes.
- A school that is a safe haven, free from bullying or intimidation.
- A school that has pupils who make good progress during their five years in the school.
- A school where families from the community are happy to send their children to RVHS.
- A school that is dedicated to the extra -curricular world (trips, learning experiences off site).
- A school that involves more parents in the life of the school.
- A school that will be a courageous school with a clear direction and purpose. Teachers will want to move to this school.
The dedicated staff aim to provide a diverse and stimulating curriculum, which is relevant to individual needs and aspirations; its structure is constantly under review as we respond to changes made by the DfE.
In the first two years an emphasis is placed on the acquisition of skills and knowledge that provides a broad and balanced foundation for the future.
GCSE courses begin in Year 9 for three years and the curriculum ensures that pupils are taking qualifications that pioneer 21st century learning and directly link to employability skills.
In addition to the core subjects of English, Maths, Science and Physical Education, pupils are provided with opportunities to follow the English Baccalaureate, which includes, Humanities (History and Geography) and Modern Foreign Languages (French and German).
Pupils can also select GCSE or vocational courses from a wide range subjects that suit the individual interests, abilities and career aspirations. Subject included in these choices are: Art, Business Studies, Citizenship, Drama, History, ICT, Health and Social Care, Music, Physical Education, Sport, Catering, Animal Care, Cultural Capital and Computer Science.
We have a range of specialist classrooms for Science, Business, the Arts and Sport with access to computers for all pupils across all subjects. We are very fortunate to have a well-equipped theatre used for assemblies along with drama shows, musical concerts and our annual school production.
All pupils are encouraged to adopt a healthy lifestyle through a range of sporting activities in our excellent facilities, which include sports halls, football, and athletics pitches. We have a large grounds where pupils can relax, socialise and get some fresh air at break and lunch times.