Welcome to Reddish Vale High School.
Before you join us in September, we will invite you to visit our school for a Transition Day.
Transition Day is an opportunity for you meet your form tutor, teachers and new friends. You will also spend time getting to know the layout of the school and the important information you will need to know before you start the new and exciting next chapter of your education.
Below is some important information about the Transition Day. If you have any concerns or queries, please contact our Transition Team on 0161 477 3544, or alternatively you can Email email@example.com
On Transition Day:
- Pupils must wear their primary school uniform.
- School begins at 8:30am and finishes at 3.00pm.
- If pupils bring medication into school it must be clearly labelled and given to Mrs Newman, our school First Aider, in reception at the beginning of the day. Any medical queries should be referred to Mrs Newman.
- Pupils suffering from asthma must carry their inhalers at all times.
- Pupils will need a pen, pencil and ruler.
- For the duration of the day, pupils will undertake a broad range of subject lessons as well as visits to the school farm and library.
- Pupils will attend a short assembly in the Theatre, where they will meet the Headteacher, Head of Year and Assistant Head of Year. Afterwards the Year 6s will undertake a range of ice breaking activities.
- Year 6s will have lunch in the canteen.
- Examples of lunch menus can be found on the school website here
- £3.50 should be sufficient to purchase a snack at breaktime and a lunch.
- Jane Worsley, the Catering Manager, should be informed of any special dietary needs on tel: 0161 477 3544
- Pupils who receive free school lunches at primary school will be provided with a free school lunch at RVHS up to the value of £2.25.
- Tutor Groups will be supported by Year 10 Prefects throughout the day.
- RVHS uniforms can be purchased from Monkhouse, Chestergate, Stockport, SK3 0AN and Triple S, Heaton Moor Road, Stockport, SK4 4NZ.