School Uniform Policy
At Reddish Vale High School it is our expectation that all pupils wear full school uniform.
We strongly believe that school uniform:
- Promotes a sense of pride in the school
- Creates a sense of community and belonging towards the school
- Is practical and smart
- Identifies the pupil with the school
- Is fair and consistent and makes pupils feel equal to peers
- Pupils are to dress smartly at all times. (e.g. shirts tucked in, ties worn properly)
- Shirts can be either long sleeved or short sleeved.
- No jeans/cargo style trousers/ leggings or tightly fitted trousers are permitted.
- Plain black shoes only, no boots, trainers, canvas shoes or pump style trainers. Shoes should be of a sensible heel height.
- Plain Black/Blue/White socks/tights should be worn.
- Hoodies are not permitted to be worn in school under any circumstances.
The School Uniform
All items of school uniform are compulsory, except for the Jumper with RVHS jumper, which is optional.
- Blazer with RVHS Logo
- White Shirt (Unbranded)
- School tie
- Black full length trousers, non-stretchy (Unbranded)
- Skirts with RVHS logo to be no shorter than knee-length*
- Jumper with RVHS Logo (Optional)
*Pupils can choose to wear an unbranded black school skirt, however, it must be knee-length and non-stretchy material.
- Footwear must consist of plain black shoes. Canvas shoes, trainers, boots or shoes with logos are not permitted
The following styles are examples of shoes that are NOT permitted:
The following styles are examples of shoes that ARE permitted:
School Bag and Equipment
It is important that all pupils are equipped and ready to learn and that valuable lesson time is not wasted by handing out equipment. Every pupil must have the basic equipment which includes:
- School bag (see example styles below)
- Pencil case for their equipment
- A number of black and blue pens
- A number of pencils
- Reading book
- School planner
Girls PE Kit
- RVHS skort, leggings, shorts or tracksuit pants
- RVHS T-shirt
- RVHS jumper - optional (but if a jumper is worn it must be this one)
- No sports brand items of clothing should be worn
Boys PE Kit
- RVHS shorts or tracksuit pants
- RVHS t shirt
- RVHS Jumper - optional (but if a jumper is worn it must be this one)
- Navy football socks
School Uniform Suppliers
The school black trousers (non-stretchy) and the white shirt do not need to be purchased via our Uniform suppliers.
FR Monkhouse Ltd.
Address: 217 Chestergate, Stockport, SK3 0AN
Telephone: 0161 476 7210
Mon: 9am - 3.30pm
Wed: 9am - 3.30pm
Thurs: 9am - 3.30pm
Sat: 9am - 5pm
Address: 102 Heaton Moor Road, Stockport, SK4 4NZ
Telephone: 0161 442 8834
Mon - Sat: 10am - 5pm
Jewellery and Make Up
- Excessive make up and fake tan are not permitted
- Nail varnish, false or acrylic nails must not be worn
- No jewellery to be worn in school, including earrings, facial, nose or tongue studs and body piercings; clear plastic ones are also not permitted.
- For health and safety purposes, rings, necklaces or bracelets are not permitted
We recognise that there will always be a variety of hairstyles worn by pupils. Whilst remaining tolerant of most styles, we will treat as a breach of discipline haircuts where patterns, stripes or letters have been cut into the pupil’s hair. Hair that is dyed in bright or unnatural colours is not allowed.
Non Compliance with the School Uniform Policy
Where a pupil is not adhering to school uniform policy, the school will be considerate and discreetly try to establish why. We are mindful that there may be a good reason why a pupil is not attending school in the correct uniform.
If there is a blatant disregard for the school uniform, following contact with parents/carers pupils will be given spare school uniform to wear for that day. Where contact cannot be made with home by Assistant Heads of Year a pupil may be kept in isolation. This will normally be with their form Tutor.
All staff are responsible for implementing this policy.
The school acts in line with the Equality Act 2010. We have a duty to be sensitive to the needs of different cultures, races and religions and must accommodate their needs.
The Role of Parents/Carers
We ask all parents and carers who send their children to our school to support the school uniform policy. We believe that they have a duty to send their children to school correctly dressed and ready for their daily schoolwork. It is their responsibility to ensure that their child has the correct uniform and that it is clean and in good repair.